How do you merge a Chamber of Commerce and an Economic Development Organization? Today we talk to Andy Sokolovich about his experience doing just this in Clinton, Iowa.
With the overwhelming support of the membership, investors, and Board of Directors, the Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce and Clinton Regional Development Corporation have approved a merger — creating a single entity known as Grow Clinton. The combined organization will focus on tourism, economic and community development.
How did the merger come about? How did it work? What about the staff? In this episode, we talk through all this, and more.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your name or Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
- CRDC, Chamber approve merger, become Grow Clinton
- Clinton area chamber, tourism, development groups merge
- Voting to create Grow Clinton - Part 1
- Voting to create Grow Clinton - Chamber Approval - Part 2
- Voting to create Grow Clinton - CRDC Approval - Part 3
- Sokolovich named Grow Clinton's president, CEO
- Develop This! Podcast — Andy is co-host.