In this encore episode from 2022, Dane talks with Emily Blaylock, Senior Vice President and Chief Lending Officer for Northwest Bank about Tax Increment Financing (TIF). Northwest Bank & Trust Company is an entrepreneurial bank that has built an Economic Development Division to help developers and municipalities get projects done around the US. They utilize Tax Increment Financing incentives designated from the municipalities to give developers funds upfront. These funds can be used to provide gap equity, expansion of existing sites, investment in other projects, working capital needs, or tenant improvements. Currently, they have completed projects in 8 states and over $400 million in funding. Their team has over 100 years of combined education in economic development and banking to help structure these loans.
Update: Since this episode originally aired, Emily is now the CEO of Untamed Equity, a company dedicated to bridging the gap between development projects and the equity needed to complete them.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!
- Emily Blaylock | LinkedIn — Untamed Equity
- TIF Monetization Loan Program | Untamed Equity
- About Untamed Equity and Our TIF Monetization Loan Solutions
- Benefits of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Monetization for Developers - YouTube
- Benefits of Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Monetization for Municipalities - YouTube
- Northwest Bank and Trust - Serving Davenport & Quad Cities