In this episode of the Econ Dev Show, Dane talks with Nate Clayberg CEcD.
Nate Clayberg's approach to education is all about getting students ready for a future job market, including careers that might not even exist yet. With his varied experience in fields like broadcasting, sports, and economic development, Clayberg sees the importance of changing the way education is delivered. He suggests moving away from the traditional classroom focus and instead, developing skills that are versatile and crucial for a wide range of future jobs.
Clayberg emphasizes starting career exploration early. He believes in exposing students to a variety of job options, especially those in their local areas, to expand their understanding of possible career paths. This is vital in connecting what they learn in school to real-world scenarios. He advocates for an education that involves hands-on, project-based learning, where students work on actual problems faced by businesses. This method makes learning more relevant and interesting.
A crucial aspect of Clayberg's idea is to bridge the gap between the education system and the evolving job market. He highlights the role of economic developers in bringing together schools and local businesses. This collaboration aims to create educational models that are in tune with both current and future job market requirements. It's about ensuring that the education system works closely with businesses and industry experts to make learning more dynamic and directly applicable to the workforce needs of tomorrow.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!
- Nate Clayberg | LinkedIn
- @NateClayberg / X
- Student Professional Study Programs - CAPS Network
- The Network Podcast: Episode 7 - It's A Life Thing — Corey travels to Cedar Falls, IA to talk with Ethan Wiechmann and Nate Clayberg. Amid a busy CAPS visit, Corey, Ethan and Nate discuss the strategic partnerships that have helped launch CF CAPS to a position of success. Education for life is showcased as Nate and Ethan share students' stories from the CAPS program, high ed, and in the working world.
- Choosing the Life You Want, Not Just the Job - 2022 Iowa CAPS Summit — On November 7, 2022, Nate Clayberg presented to nearly 40 instructors, counselors, and school administrators about taking CAPS (Center for Advanced Professional Studies) student associates from being prepared for their purpose to creating the Pathway to Purpose.
- Economic Development and Education with Nate Clayberg - YouTube — Nate Clayberg helps students to envision their future so that they can navigate a pathway to purposeful life beyond education. Through the Career Adventure Academy, Cedar Valley CAPS and host of the That's a Job? Podcast
- That's a Job? Podcast with Nate Clayberg
- From Come Rain or Shine Podcast: Preparing Youth for the Future — On this episode of Come Rain or Shine, Nate Clayberg, Founder of Career Adventure Academy, joins the show to discuss his role as a student mentor and career coach.