In this episode, Dane talks to Josh Mejia, the executive director of the Brownsville Community Improvement District in Brownsville, Texas about all the great work he's doing in Brownsville.
We also touch on his work with the IEDC and entrepreneurship-led economic development, SpaceX, international trade and supply chains, downtown redevelopment and more.
- BCIC | Brownsville Community Improvement Corp.
- Josh Mejia | LinkedIn
- Mejia & Company
- Josh Mejia (@JoshMejiaTX) / Twitter
- BCIC Executive Director Josh Mejia named IEDC 2020 Young Economic Developer of the Year | Brownsville Community Improvement Corp.
- Josh Mejia Named Top 40 Under 40 Economic Developers | Brownsville Community Improvement Corp.
- (1) Elon Musk on Twitter: "Am donating $20M to Cameron County schools & $10M to City of Brownsville for downtown revitalization. Details to follow next week." / Twitter
- (1) Josh Mejia on Twitter: "For the record, @BrownsvilleCIC’s #BIGProgram has helped revitalize downtown development in #BrownsvilleTX with only $400K. The program created over $3mil in capital investment since 2019. That’s a +750% return-on-investment. #EconDev #Brownsville #Downtown #BRO" / Twitter
- Entrepreneurship-led Economic Development