Both a Planning Agency and an EDO With Chris Setti
October 31st, 2022
38 mins 19 secs
About this Episode
In this episode, Dane talks with Chris Setti, the CEO of the Greater Peoria Economic Development Council.
The GPEDC is both a planning agency and a traditional ED practitioner. They are the official steward of the Greater Peoria Economic Development District on behalf of the US EDA, and are responsible for the creation and stewardship of the regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy. They are also tasked with all the traditional ED activities like business attraction, BRE, startup, etc.
In almost every other place, the "planning" function would be done by a regional planning commission or council of government and the "working" function done by an 501c6/c3 EDO.
They get to do both, and it is very cool.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!
- Christopher Setti | LinkedIn
- Tarter Source: CEO of the Greater Peoria EDC Chris Setti | Recorded live
- Business Forward | S01 E22: Regional Development Strategy | Season 1 | Episode 22 | PBS — Matt George goes one on one with Chris Setti as we talk about a regional strategy for economic success
- News and Events - Greater Peoria EDC
- Greater Peoria Economic Development Council: Overview | LinkedIn
- Homepage - Greater Peoria EDC
- A Message to Garcia by Elbert Hubbard — Chris: "One of my first real boss-mentors had me read this (only 3 pages) and it has been a sort of guidepost to how I operate as a professional: just do the work and be useful to people."