Alia Abbas Spills the Tea on the Importance of Small Businesses in Community Development
May 8th, 2023
39 mins 23 secs
About this Episode
In this Econ Dev Show podcast episode, Dane Carlson interviews Alia Abbas, former Economic Development Officer for the City of Toronto, who shares her insights on business continuity, the importance of small businesses in community development, and the concept of "employment lands" in Canada.
Alia emphasizes the crucial role of small and family-owned businesses as advocates and champions for their communities, and the growing trend towards sustainability and greener economies in economic development.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!
- Alia Abbas, MA, BREC | LinkedIn
- Alia Consulting
- Preparing for Megaprojects in Economic Development: FDI Alliance International Magazine
- BIDs Can Be Opportunities for Foreign Trade and FDI | ED Now Feature
- A Manual for Developing an Economic Recovery Plan & Task Force for Investment Attraction: Rural EDOs (R-EDO) Edition
- Alia Consulting - Economic Development Firm | LinkedIn — Alia Consulting
- Who's Your City?: How the Creative Economy Is Making Where to Live the Most Important Decision of Your Life by Richard Florida